Texas homeowners may be eligible for assistance if they meet the following criteria:
Additional program requirements will apply.
- Experienced a qualified financial hardship after January 21, 2020, such as lost income or increased expenses due to the pandemic
- Are behind on one or more of the following payments: mortgage loans, property taxes, property insurance,homeowner/condo association fees, or utility bills (Mortgages delinquent prior to January 1, 2019 are not eligible for assistance)
- Have a household income at or below 100% Area Median Income (AMI) or 100% of the median income for the United States, whichever is greater
- Own and occupy a home in Texas as a primary residence
To learn more and to obtain further assistance call the Tejano Center Housing Services team.
Para obtener más información y obtener ayuda, llame al equipo de Servicios de Vivienda del Tejano Center.
Phone: 281-761-6156 or 832-742-7506
DOWN PAYMENT ASSISTANCE PROGRAMS
These are some of the down payment assistance programs available and other informative websites to help with the process of purchasing a house.
- City of Houston Homebuyer Assistance Program
- Covenant Community Capital
- Harris County Downpayment Assistance Program
- Harris County Housing Finance Corporation
- Harris County H.O.M.E. Program
- The City of Baytown Homebuyers' Assistance
- Texas Department of Housing & Community Affairs
- Texas State Affordable Housing Corporation